Thursday, March 15, 2012

CORON PALAWAN- PHILIPPINES’ LAST FRONTIER

Busuanga Island( View from the plane)

I have been hooked with out of town trips this past few months to make my life a little bit happier after a crippling fall (anyway let’s just not talk about it). The problem is, I almost run out of companion due to my best buds’ busy schedule but the good thing is my other FRIEND decided that she is too stressed at work and she needed some fresh air to breath, relax and unwind. That’s when maan came to rescue a FRIEND in need and so I told her “Hey, Why don’t we go on trip together let’s check for a sale airfare ticket.” We checked for Boracay but all promo tickets are sold out and so we decided to check on PALAWAN and wallah we found what we have been looking at airphilexpress.com. I was supposed to visit Coron Last 2009 unfortunately a week before our scheduled departure I was admitted in the hospital due to a stubborn sickness. I was so frustrated then coz all my things are ready I just needed to pack them up when my sickness get in the way. Ok let’s just forget about the past, now going back to our topic we booked our trip on May 22 to 24 after the much anticipated profit sharing for Pioneer Employees ( Thank you Lord for letting me be a part of a generous company). We’ve searched far and wide for the most affordable package tour. I dialled the number of the travel agency that arranged my Bohol trip, talked to their travel agent, discussed the detail of the trip, agreed to wait for the agent’s email and waited and waited and waited but no email came. After a few days I called again talked to the travel agent , discussed the details of the trip,   agreed to wait for an email and waited and waited but again no email came. That’s when I decided to look for another and just when I needed it I happen to see a “explore in coron” advertisement in Philippinebeaches.org facebook page so I saved the number and dialled it the next day.  I inquired and discussed the details of the trip and agreed to wait for an email and just right after the conversation( haven’t put down the handset yet)  my mailbox informed me that I had an email from e-Philippines Adventure Travel and Destinations, I know I was kinda exaggerating but It was really fast.  They offered 3 choices from which we googled the place and decided to choose what we think will give us a value for our hard earned money and Sir Russel didn’t fail us. As requested we were booked in Mt. Tapyas hotel where we could see the serenity of Coron Bay just by looking out of the window of our room. We had a time of our life in Coron we were able to reach places that a tourist needs to see and we have fed our eyes with the beauty of the limestones, the beaches and the corals though we weren’t able to go to Calauit Safari due to time constraint but no worries I’m sure I’ll be there again next time. Overall we had a hassle free trip Thanks again to Sir Russel of E-Philippines, Ate Cristy(tour guide) and her spouse and their grandchild April and to Kuya Anton( the tricycle Driver) for making our Coron visit a memorable one. And I also wish to thank my companion April for accompanying me in this trip she has provided me a good company we were always on time and not much delay plus she so ready with anything and everything. Have I mention that I’m afraid of heights and i don’t know how to swim, she has given me moral support on times things get scary.  She even brought a blower and iron for our hair to make it more manageable. I still got something to say but my eyes are telling me “Hey aren’t you gonna sleep it’s already 1:30AM and you still have to work tomorrow”.

P.S. Travel tips to those who want to visit Coron.
Just bring an aqua shoes( it’s a must)  and you may opt to bring a snokler and mask if you want too but the boatman has something for rent if you do not have one. Remember this one this is very very important for the ladies be sure to schedule your trip after your monthly period coz you need to dip into the water to further appreciate the beauty of Coron. This is something that I never anticipated that’s why I badly need to go back in Coron coz I was deprived to snorkle and dip into the water due to my unexpected monthly visitor. 
Another P.S.
We didn’t had any problem with regards to transportation in Coron you can pretty much go anywhere just by riding their  7 seater tricycle for only Php 10.00 per pax or you may opt to walk, jump, hop or roll around the island if you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment