Saturday, September 1, 2012

Cheap Boracay Package with Airfare for only 1,728.00



Long weekends are over. I promise myself to finish my journals during the long weekends but in as much as I want to I can't extract any creative juice from my mind.As to my experience I can't start writing anything without a title to look up to. Hell yes!!! I can't even think of a good title for my wonderful trip. It was maybe because the place is so overrated and mostly visited, everyone has used every word that describe the place as title of their travel blog. Then I saw this post on facebook about a package tour which I think is a great deal. I immediately got excited, opened the link, checked the deal and wallah it was indeed a great deal. But hey!, wait a minute, just by seeing the title of the post  I got really excited why don't I use a title that looks like an advertisement. I'll surely attract budget travelers to have them read my not so visited blogsite. 

Warning!!!! This is not a scam. You must be reading this post because you thought you found yourself super cheap package to the favorite paradise of all time. It was indeed cheap but I think I got you, unfortunately i'm not one of those group buying site offering an affordable trip but really we went to Boracay and paid Php 1,728.00 for our airfare and accommodation. Just read on and let me tell you our secret.

Picture Perfect sunset

Boracay has been one of the most visited, most loved and most explored island not only here in our country but almost worldwide. Believe it or not it was never listed in the places I would want to visit. Due to its prominent name in the world of tourism it gave me an idea that the place is for sossy( is this how you spell sosyal, i dont care) , conyo people who like crowded, loud and wild places. I don't really know what conyo has to do with the place but that is what comes to my mind when I hear the word Boracay. I never really like the idea of night life which is what Boracay is known for aside from its fine white sand. Being your island girl I prefer a more quiet, peaceful and secluded places but who am I reject this very special opportunity. 

As a travel junkie I had this very accurate instinct (it could also be common sense)  or I just found a personal connection to the cheapest airline on the country on when they will release a seatsale. Whenever I feel that there's gonna be a seatsale it has been a habit that even before they post or release seatsale announcement I'm already logged in to their sites trying out possible dates of my travel. Sometime in December 2011, I found this  sale ticket in www.airphilexpress.com at I think Php 78.00 base fare and reserved a roundtrip ticket to Kalibo for 4 pax at a whooping Php978.00 each including taxes and surcharge. Luckily we were also able to buy a super cheap 3 days 2 nights accomodation for 2 at metrodeal.com for only Php 1,500.00. I'm not good in mathematics and numbers but when it comes to budgets and value for money I just have to be smart. When you do the math our accommodation and airfare cost only Php 1,728.00 per person. Cheap huh? 

So here comes August the moment we have been waiting for has finally arrived. Since August is a rainy season we have anticipated that this was going to be a wet trip but we were wrong there was no typhoon inside PAR but there was this strong wild wind called habagat so powerful and destructive who almost drown whole Metro Manila and neighboring towns. No flights were cancelled but going to the airport is almost suicide. I was in Lipa City safe and sound performing my usual routine like nothings happening but I'm so worried that we cannot pursue on our trip.  Aside from flood that may keep us from going to the airport a part of me is telling me "can you really go on a vacation while others are on the evacuation center?" I have been confused up to the last minute I even planned on calling airphil  and ask them to rebook our ticket. I also ask for the opinion of one of my mostly followed budget traveler and blogger journeyingjames and he gladly answered.  "Hi Ann! I guess u should go to Kalibo. U can't stop the flooding naman" tomoh!!! I can't stop the flood, Isn't that inspiring? That's when I decided to go and explore  Kalibo and Boracay. 

Thursday morning August 9, 2012 the flood has subsided in most area. I went to the office with my luggage and decided to spend the night in my ate's house in QC. After work I  run to the bus station excited and ready to set foot on a new place the following day. I've noticed that everything looks normal in the metro except for trash in almost everywhere.  I arrived in QC safely but received bad news from one of our companion. He can't join us because their house was flooded which makes us a Traveling tres marias in Boracay. I tried emailing and calling airphil to ask for refund but they didn't allow. We still pursued in our trip inspite of all trouble habagat has caused us.

Kalibo International Airport
We arrived at Kalibo International Airport a little earlier than expected. Since we didn't avail the overpriced transfer the hotel offered us, we just picked from the transport services inside the airport. We got the van and ferry transfer for only Php 250.00 each. Landtrip from Kalibo to Caticlan is 2 hours and ferry is just 10 minutes. We are lucky we got a very nice closed airconditioned ferry with video on board.




The ferry looks like a submarine
We had a hard time looking for our accommodation since it wasn't that known and even residents and tricycle drivers didn't know where it is. We walk back and forth around Bolabog trying to locate our hotel.  It was located near Seven Stones surrounded by residential houses but what can we expect we got it for a very cheap price anyway we didn't stay on our room that much. Overall it isn't a bad choice at all we had a huge room with aircon, ref, 2 queen size bed and a hot and cold shower plus a very hands on owner whom we can approach in case we need something. Our accommodation is near the back beach we still need to walk 10 minutes in order to get to the front beach. Come to think of it walking is still the best form of exercise. I'll be listing down activities in the island on my next post.













    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment